On February 2, 1896, twenty-three people gathered in a rented hall for the first worship service of St. Clement's, which was then a mission. The church prospered along with the growing community of Hawthorne, and in 1901 the church building we now occupy was built.
The Reverend William B. Mawhinney was our first priest. He served the church and community as pastor and friend until his death in 1928. Over the ensuing years, a number of priests have faithfully served this parish. We are currently searching for a new Priest-in-Charge.